Pages

Tuesday 17 September 2013

UOW Fittest Student Comp

Today was the grand final for my University's Fittest Student Comp!

I was so nervous!
So the first workout was a tabata style wod. You had to be on each station for 20 seconds with a 10 second break for three rounds. The exercises were
1) Thrusters
2) Supine body up things (kind of opposite to a burpee, whole body down then back up)
3) Pushups
The lowest score on each round was the score for that exercise
I managed 12 thrusters, 7 supine things and 14 pushups.
I won this workout! :)

Then the next one 2 minute max at each station. The stations were
1) Rope pull then when you pulled all the rope you had to pick up one end run to the other side then do it again 
2) Medicine Ball slams
3) Over head Squat to a box 

I came second in this workout, so they added up the scores for both workouts and I made it through to the last round and one girls was eliminated. 

The last workout was a race, and unfortunately it didn't complement my strengths.
It was- 
400m Row
20 Box jumps
10 Snatches
40kg Farmers walk shuttle of quarter, half way then all the way to the end of the basketball court

My thoughts on this workout- 
Well I knew I would be slow on the rower, being light and short rowing isn't an advantage! Once I was off the rower my legs and butt were JELLY! I can usually link box jumps together but I was doing one at a time! It was crazy, my legs just died! Maybe due to the short breaks between workouts. I beat her on the box jumps which brought us to the snatches. I did the WORST snatches I have ever seen in my life! Argh just thinking about it makes me cringe! I was pressing it out and arching my back it was so bad! But it was stupid because it was a 20kg bar and we had to tough the ground with it every time which made it alot more difficult and awkward. Anyway she beat me on that and I knew it was over. Even if i got to the farmers walk first body weight ratio was too high for me to beat her. I weigh 47kg and the farmers walk was 40kg. My opponent probably weighed 65kg so to her it wasn't as bad. Not making excuses or anything but that's the reality of being light! It was funny though I struggled with it to the last shuttle and as I turned around to do my last sprint to the end I was determined to make it the whole way. So I put my determined face on and went for it! I walked so much faster down that basketball court to drop on dumbbell right towards the finishing line! The dumbbell went flying in front of me so I grabbed it and took it back to where I dropped it, or it wouldn't be a legitimate finish! I stopped looked around, then pumped up the crowd so they would cheer me on to the finish line. It felt amazing! 

So after all that I came second! :) 
Here is a little video from the day:


No comments:

Post a Comment